Sitz baths are a warm (or cool) bath specifically made to soak your bottom in. You can buy toilet portable bidet to sit on a standard toilet ( see our website to buy it seperately), just sit in a large shallow basin, or use your normal bath.
A sitz bath is not a deep soak, it is usually only a few inches deep, to target the vagina and perineum area.
Postpartum sitz baths can be helpful to:
- Speed stitch healing – keeping a wound clean and moist are the best conditions for wound healing
- To keep clean – there is no need for soap, a simple salt water and essential oils bath will do all the cleaning for you
- To treat hemorrhoids – a sitz bath is one of the best treatments for hemorrhoids after having a baby
- To relax – this allows you to give baby to Dad, Granny or Doula for half an hour
How to have a successful sitz bath
- Get that bath clean, you want to make sure you are starting with a nice clean surface
- Run the water as hot as you can
- Swish the salt mixture around to dissolve its contents
- Leave the bath to cool until comfortable
- Get naked from the waist down, leave your jumper on, or you will get cold!
- Sit in it for 10-20 minutes
- Climb out and PAT yourself dry gently with a CLEAN towel
Ingridients: Epsom, Sea Salths, Organic Lavender essential oil, Organic tea tree essential oil. For alternative bespoke mix don't hesitate to message us.
This mix will allow you to make approx 13-26 sitz baths depending on if you use a bath or portable bidet (more economical).
It is recommended to have two sitz baths a day (one in the morning one in the evening).